So I’ve seen this tag floating around the blogosphere and I really wanted to do it! No one tagged me but I’m taking a tag from the universe as I’m guessing he universe would really like me to do it 😂
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No 💃🏻 I’m super lucky and I can read in the car (my husband refers to it as unsociable but that’s his problem lol)
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you?
Moira Young wrote Blood Red Road phonetically with a Deep South accent and no speech marks. NONE. At first I was all WTF but I pushed on and I ended up loving the whole series! I can honestly say I’ve never read anything written like it and it takes a bit of getting used to but it’s brilliant and I definitely reccommend it 😊
3. Harry Potter series or Twilight saga? Give 3 points to explain your answer
I do love them both but it’s always going to be Harry P
1. Because there’s magic
2. Because their postmen are owls
3. Because Hagrid. ’nuff said 😋
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so what’s in it (besides books)?
Erm no lol. I carry a handbag (some would say my collection of handbags is bordering an unhealthy number but they’d be wrong 😳) in my handbag I’ll have my book or kindle plus my money and boring stuff like keys and hand gel because I’m a germs freak plus some make-up and my phone and sometimes my cat climbs in it when I’m not looking but I don’t take him out of the house…
5. Do you smell your books?
Not really, but I can’t say never
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I probably prefer without because I love to let the words paint the pictures in my mind and if I see a picture I’ll just have that in my head instead although I do love illustrations too lol so maybe I can just look at them after I’ve finished reading and then I get the best of both worlds 😊
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later is wasn’t quality writing?
Erm, I can’t think of one 😕 I know that I’ve noticed little things sometimes but generally speaking, if the story has got enough going for it then I can be pretty forgiving!
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not really, that’s not to say there aren’t any but I can’t think of them right now 😬
9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
The Tales of Beedle the Bard by JK Rowling. It’s skinny mini but that’s okay ☺️
10. What’s the thickest book on your shelf?
I’ve got a stupidly old copy of Lord of the Rings which is all three books in one and it’s a hardback. So it’s biiiiig (and I used to take that into school with me every day for about a year when I was ten) It’s my one book to rule them all 😂
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as an author?
I do and I am 😳 it’s the best thing I’ve ever done!
12. When did you get into reading?
My dad used to read to me every night and as soon as I could take over I did ☺️
13. What is your favourite classic book?
I’m not really one for the classics (I know that’s not okay) I did enjoy Bleak House by Dickens though so I’d go with that!
14. In school, what was your best subject?
English and Drama, so basically reading/ writing stories or acting them out lol
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Erm, probably tell them I’d read it and let them get me something else but I probably wouldn’t admit to having hated it (people usually gift books that they love themselves and I’m waaaaay too non-confrontational for that 🙈)
16. What is a lesser known series that you know that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
This is such a random question! I dunno if I can think of any that are similar to them but I guess you could get yourself a DVD of Battle Royale if you want something like the hunger games!
17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
I dunno, maybe doing tags I wasn’t tagged for 😳
18. What is your favourite word?
Troglodyte. Hands down. Troglodyte.
19. Are you a nerd, dork or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I don’t think I’d refer to myself as any but I am a total fan-girl over many many things and I’m not afraid to show it!
20. Vampires of Fairies? Why?
Vampires. Vampires are cool and immortal and dangerous and fairies are…. Fairies. That said, I’ve read/watched many vampire based things and loved them (starting at The Strain and following the spectrum through to Twilight) and I can’t say I’ve had much to do with anything fairy based beyond Tinkerbell so maybe I could be won over
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Can’t say I’ve read much of either sadly but I’d go Shapeshifters because I’d rather be one!
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves, mostly because they always seem to be pretty hot and I’ve not read books on either *sigh* Oh and Lupin was a werewolf 😍
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Zombies! Becuase I LOVE The Walking Dead and I totally think I could make it in a zombie apocalypse 😊 but if you’re talking about what I’d rather be then it would obviously be Vampires because being a zombie would suck
24. Love triangle or forbidden love?
I’m happy with either if done right!
25. And finally: Full on romance or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
I’m all for the action with a great love story thrown in 😊
I hope you enjoyed my answers and if you’d like to do the tag then I tag you! Xoxo