Thank you Tanazmasaba for picking me to do your new tag 😍 this is a really fun one and I’ll do my best to do it justice!
So, the idea behind this tag is to make a list of your favourite books and what songs make you think of them. I can’t promise that my choices will make much sense to anyone else but I’ll give this a go lol
- Harry Potter – With a little help from my friends by The Beetles For me this is fairly self explanatory, Harry, Ron and Hermione forever 😍
- The Hunger Games – Killing in the Name of by Rage Against the Machine If Katniss’ mantra isn’t ‘f**k you, I won’t do what you tell me’ then I’m not sure what else it would be
- Twilight – Halo by Beyoncé I think the words pretty much encompass Bella and Edward’s relationship for me, for example ‘It’s like I’ve been awakened, Every Rule I had you breakin’, It’s the risk that I’m takin’, I ain’t never gonna shut you out!’
- Blood Red Road – 8 Mile by Eminem This song is all about struggle and trying to achieve something that seems out of reach without ever giving up which sums up these books about as well as the blurb
- Throne of Glass – Roxanne the Moulin Rouge version because it’s badass Okay so this one has nothing to do with lyrics but the feeling of the song is so gritty and raw and I just love it.
- Divergent – Numb by Linkin Park It’s the lyrics again for this one, basically the whole song but here’s the chorus I case you don’t know it ‘I’ve become so numb, I can’t feel you there, become so tired, so much more aware, I’m becoming this, all I want to do, is be more like me and be less like you’
- Game of Thrones – Bad Blood by Taylor Swift I’m fairly sure that this covers the relationships between the Starks and the Lannisters and just about everyone else in the books too ‘now we’ve got problems, and I don’t think we can solve them, you made a really deep cut, and baby now we got bad blood’ ha 😂
- Prince of Thornes – Cry me a River by Justin Timberlake It’s not really the song in general but that ‘cry me a river’ I-couldn’t-give-crap-about-you attitude part of it really makes me think of this book because Jorg is such a sadist a-hole. (In the best possible way)
That’s my lot lol here are my nominations for the tag but if this catches your eye and I haven’t tagged you then please do it and let me know!