I’m very pleased to announce that I’ve been nominated for this award!😀 Thank you to jessylaw for my nomination 😍
The rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions you were given.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten other blogs.
Here are my answers:
1. Would you prefer to read a series or stand alone books?
I won’t say no to anything but I love to read a series. I find that you can get to know the characters and their world so much better in multiple books and so I get more from them. 📚
2. Would you rather be a book reviewer or an author?
My dream has always been to be an author. I am addicted to the written word in every form and can’t stop putting pen to page. I don’t think I’d make the best reviewer because I always find something to like in everything and find it hard to criticise things. So all of my reviews would probably be 4 or 5 stars and the difference would be between me really liking it or loving it lol.📝
3. Your house has been robbed and your bookshelf has been raided. What’s the book you really hope is safe?
I’m pretty attached to my Harry Potter books. I’ve had the first three since I was around eleven and then I queued up at midnight to buy each of the others as they were released so the memory of getting each of them and staying awake through the night reading them is pretty special for me. 💫
4. What is the hardest thing about running a blog?
I would go with time management! It can easily take an hour or two for me to put a post together in the way I want it (usually because I spend hours trawling the Internet for the perfect meme lol). And then once it’s been posted the notifications start coming through as people like/comment and I can’t resist responding at once which can mean that it’s taking time from other things I should be getting on with 😓
5. What novel are you looking forward to reading next?
I’m super excited for the new Throne of Glass novel which is out next week 😱😁😆😲. I’m in the middle of reading the Game of Thrones books which I’m really enjoying but I’ll probably put them on pause to find out what happens next for Celeana! (Plus I’ve watched the TV show of Game of Thrones so I already know most of what happens there lol) 👑
6. Do you use an e-reader or paperback books?
I use both! There are some brilliant books available on kindle that you can’t get in paperback and I wouldn’t want to miss out on them even though I do love a solid copy. Plus my hubby built me a huge bookshelf which I instantly filled and there are still nine boxes of books in the loft so he bought me a kindle to help me save on the storage space 📚📚📚
7. Who is your favourite author?
Isn’t that like picking between your children? (I don’t have any children but I imagine it’s the same) I love J K Rowling, Brandon Sanderson, Trudi Canavan, Suzanne Collins, J R R Tolkien… This list could get really long and I can’t pick! 😱
8. If you could be any book character who would you be?
I love Celeana Sardothien from the Throne of Glass books, she’s a kick ass assassin with plenty of attitude and the right amount of vulnerability and she’s pretty damn cool so who wouldn’t wanna be her? 🔪(this is a sword not a kitchen knife 😕)
9. Why did you start blogging?
I’m an upcoming author and I find that in my real life I have very few people who are as passionate about reading and writing as I am so I wanted to find likeminded people to connect with over our crazy obsessive, slightly unhealthy book addictions lol 😸
10. What was the last book you read?
A Game of Thrones (I’m half way into the second book now too). I am addicted to the TV series and had put off reading them so that I didn’t spoil the show for myself (I know I did it backwards this time but it was on my tbr list for so long and the show looked sooo good and I couldn’t resist!) but now that the show has caught up with the books I decided it was high time to educate myself on what really happened! (So far it’s almost exactly the same but I’ve been told there are some difference coming 😬)
My nominees are:
- Dash McCallen
- Olivia Emily
- Caroline Peckham
And the questions for you are:
- Do you have a TV series addiction and what is it?
- Which book character would you secretly like to marry?
- What’s the most exciting thing happening to you this September?
- Are you a Christmas freak or a Scrooge?
- Which book world do wish really existed?
- Which book series has you wishing for more?
- Would you rather be a vampire or a wizard?
- Which magic power would you have?
- Happy ending or shocking twist?
- What’s the first thing you’d do if the dead started rising?
I hope you have fun with it! ☺️xoxo